How to view revision history and restore a previous version of the document
In the Content Writer, you can keep track of changes you've done to your content, and also restore it to a previous version.
This is especially useful because while editing your content, you might make mistakes or feel like a previous version of the content was better. Hence, this is when you can easily recover a previous version without having to manually undo or redo your edits.
Watch the tutorial video for a more visual walkthrough of how to do this.
Below are the steps:
1. Open the document you're working on
2. Click on the history icon above the topic coverage meter.
- The full version history is listed on the right hand side, where expanding on a specific date breaks it down into timestamps.
- Clicking on a specific date or timestamp will show the version of the document at that point in time. For easier future reference, you can name the versions.
- To restore a version, click on the three vertical dots and click on 'Restore this version'.